You are here: BASKETS > Collapsible (495) > Initial Inspection
- Remove basket from stowage case: Remove stowage strap from basket. Inspect stowage case and strap for cuts, tears, abrasion and broken stitching. Repair or replace as required.
- Erect basket: Raise the upper frame assembly on either end of the basket and engage the upper frame support into the latch on
the lower frame. Repeat for opposite end. Latch the remaining two upper frame supports on the left & right side of the
basket. Raise the two (2) bail assemblies and engage the
bail retainerto hold bails in the up position.
- Inspection frame: Inspect the bail assemblies, upper frame, upper frame supports and lower frame assemblies for broken or cracked welds, bends (deformation), corrosion and severe abrasion. Repair or replace as required.
- Inspect attachments: Inspect float covers, floats, plastic mesh liner and liner guards for proper installation, cuts, tears, abrasion or any other visible damage. Repair or replace as required.
- Inspect netting: Inspect basket side net for proper installation, cuts, tears, abrasion, and broken stitching. Repair or replace as required.
- Stow basket: First disengage the bail retainer and open both bails fully. Release the upper frame support latches for the left & right sides of the basket and move supports toward the center of the basket. Next release upper frame support latch on one end of basket and move support toward center of basket. Release final upper frame support latch on the opposite end of the basket and move support toward center of basket. Gather side net webbing toward center of basket and close bail assemblies. Secure the basket by wrapping the stowage strap around the center of the basket, close buckle, and adjust strap for tight fit. Insert basket into stowage case and close.