You are here: STROBES > Sirius (640) > Post-Use/Annual Inspection.
STROBE Post-Use/Annual Inspection.
- Inspect case for cracks or deformities.
- Inspect clear lens for connection, cracks, and clarity.
- Inspect water-activation contacts for cleanliness and corrosion.
- Inspect switch for ease of use and proper operation.
- Remove bottom and inspect battery chamber for water intrusion or corrosion of batteries or terminals.
- Replace batteries after any use beyond pre-use testing
- Replace bottom cover and reseal by turning the wheel clockwise until fully seated.
Prior to leaving shore, turn strobe on manually for 6 seconds to ensure proper operation. At least 5 bright flashes should occur. If the strobe appears dim, try installing a new set of batteries and retest.