You are here: STROBES > Aqua-Sirius (641) > Using the Aqua-SIRUS Strobe Light
Using the Aqua-SIRUS Strobe Light
- Secure free end of lanyard cord to PFD or equipment pocket.
- Install two (2) new, dated "AA" alkaline or lithium batteries per the pictorials on the strobe light (batteries not included).
- Replace alkaline batteries annually or after use.
- Replace lithium batteries five (5) years prior to battery expiry date or after use.
- Lithium batteries recommended for cold environments.
- Ensure switch is in the "OFF" position and stow strobe light with lanyard in PFD/equipment pocket until use.
- The lashing tabs and cord may be used to affix the strobe semi-permanently to life vest mounting tab, grommets, etc.
- To arm the strobe light for automatic water-activation, slide the switch to the "ON" position.
- A low -intensity, red indicator will briefly light confirming that the strobe is in automatic water-activation mode.
- After immersion in water the strobe light will automatically activate.
- To turn strobe off, slide switch to the "OFF" position.
- Return the switch to the off position when not in use or when stowed to prevent inadvertent activation and loss of battery life.
- The strobe light may be activated manually as follows:
- First, arm the strobe as noted in Step #5 above.
- After the red indicator light goes out (3-4 seconds), cycle the switch rapidly to "OFF" and then back to the "ON" position.
- After arming or when activated, affix the strobe light with the hook tape patch to the mating pile (loop) tape patch on PFD, tactical vest, helmet, etc. Place in optimal position for maximum visibility.