Designed for over and in-water rescue missions. Each kit provides flotation and patient restraint for the Medevac II series and other Stokes-type litters. Components of each kit are constructed from high-quality synthetic materials and are suitable for the marine environment. When properly installed, the kits provide positive self-righting and head-up flotation characteristics. Each kit includes five (5) color-coded patient restraint straps with LSC’s Quick Release Safety Buckle. The included retainer straps prevent fouling of the patient restraint straps during in-water rescues. Covers for flotation components are international orange and are available in black by special order.
LSC’s (103-TI) Flotation Kit reduces the width of a litter with installed flotation by four (4) inches. The narrow profile is accomplished with half-width flotation logs and a foam back pad. Flotation tests have been conducted on LSC (406-TI, 406-D-TI, and 406-D) Medevac II litters only. Other litters will require testing prior to placement in service.
Flotation Kit includes the following components:
- 103-1 ETHAFOAM FLOTATION HALF LOGS, PR, FOAM ONLY
- 103-2 FLOTATION HALF LOG COVERS, PR
- 103-3 ETHAFOAM FLOTATION CHEST PADS, PR, FOAM ONLY
- 103-4 FLOTATION CHEST PAD COVERS, PR
- 103-6TI FLOTATION BACK PAD FOR TI LITTERS
- 170 BALLAST BAR KIT (Ballast bar is NOT to be installed on 406-D stainless steel litters)